- Getting Started with BlackVue SIM
- Activate SIM Cards by Add Camera process
- Activate SIM Cards by BlackVue SIM Management page
- BlackVue SIM management functionality
- Manage Subscription Plan
- Manage Payment Method
- Manage Data Usage
- BlackVue SIM Notifications
Getting Started with BlackVue SIM #
BlackVue is thrilled to announce the launch of the BlackVue SIM Card in North America. The SIM Card, taking advantage of telecommunications operator Telenor’s global network, allows owners of BlackVue’s latest dash cams with built-in LTE to easily connect their model to the Cloud out of the box.
With the BlackVue SIM Card, users only need to create a free BlackVue Cloud account and follow a few simple steps to connect their dashcam to the Cloud.
Why Blackvue SIM card? #
BlackVue Bundles SIM Card With Its Dash Cams for Easy Cloud Connectivity.
BlackVue Dash Cameras is thrilled to announce the launch of the BlackVue SIM Card in North America. The SIM Card, taking advantage of telecommunications operator Telenor’s global network, allows owners of BlackVue’s latest dash cams with built-in LTE to easily connect their model to the Cloud out of the box.
While tech-savvy car owners may not mind going through the search and selection of a data SIM card or the setting up of a mobile hotspot in their vehicle, the thought could give others pause. Enter the BlackVue SIM Card.
“A lot of users enjoy BlackVue Cloud but we knew that setting it up can be a daunting task for some customers”, said Seohyeon Choi, BlackVue Cloud Service Team project manager. “With the BlackVue SIM Card, we wanted to give users a chance to try BlackVue Cloud worry-free, out of the box, without having to shop separately for a hotspot or data plan.”
With the BlackVue SIM Card, users only need to create a free BlackVue Cloud account and follow a few simple steps to connect their dash cam to the Cloud.
Anyone interested in the BlackVue SIM Card can learn more at https://blackvue.com/sim.
Is my device compatible with BlackVue SIMs? #
With the DR750X LTE Plus models—compatible at launch—the BlackVue SIM card is automatically activated upon powering after insertion into the built-in SIM reader.
BlackVue SIM is only provided in the DR750X LTE PLUS, but the card can be used in any BlackVue device. However, If you want to activate the BlackVue Sim card in other BlackVue devices, you should go to the SIM ACTIVATION steps and put ‘connect.cxn’ in the APN information.
Where can I get BlackVue SIM cards? #
The card is included in the DR750X LTE PLUS package. If the card is lost or has a malfunction, please contact the CS team. A new card will be delivered, after a short call with the CS team.
Where can I use BlackVue SIM cards? #
The BlackVue SIM Card is compatible with T-Mobile, AT&T, Roger and Telus networks.
BlackVue SIM card’s Pricing and Conditions #
When it comes to pricing and conditions, the BlackVue SIM Card comes in 1GB ($10.99), 3GB ($23.99) and 5GB ($39.99) monthly plans, with a 1GB free month trial period to make getting started even easier. Users can cancel their plan anytime ahead of the next monthly charge.
Free Trial #
BlackVue offers 1GB for a 1-month free trial(maximum 2GB for a 2-month free), allowing you to try out BlackVue Cloud Service with a Blackvue SIM card.
Activate SIM Cards by Add Camera process #
Before You Begin
Register and manage SIM cards through the BlackVue account.
Current BlackVue Cloud customers who already added a camera: Have your ID and Password ready.
New BlackVue Cloud customers: Please sign up for a cloud account and add your camera.
For further instruction, please refer to this link.
- Insert the SIM card into your compatible device.
- Power on your device.
- Follow “Add Camera” process.
4. App Found the BlackVue SIM Card! APP will continue to BlackVue SIM registration process.
5. BlackVue SIM card has a 20 digits unique ID printed on it, this is the ICCID. Please check the ICCID number.
6. You will need to Check Free trial days. Once you check your subscription plan hit the Next button on the button of the screen.
7. Finally, you will need to enter your Billing information. Once you have done that simply hit the Try 1-month free button to finish the activation process. Fill out your details and click “Try 1 month free”
8. All done! Click OK and you will find your SIM registered.
Activate SIM Cards by BlackVue SIM Management page #
- Tap “SIM” to access to SIM Card List.
- Tap “Add SIM card”
3. You will need to Check Free trial days. Once you check your subscription plan hit the Next button on the button of the screen. Finally, you will need to enter your Billing information. Once you have done that simply hit the Try 1-month free button to finish the activation process. Fill out your details and click “Try 1 month free”. All done! Click OK and you will find your SIM registered.
If you need more information, please refer this link.
BlackVue SIM management functionality #
SIM Card list #
You can easily check your registered SIM card information on the SIM card list
SIM card status #
The status of the SIM cards are: Subscribed, Canceled, and Terminated
SIM card detail #
Click the SIM card you would like to see in detail. Then a SIM detail page will show up. You can check the ICCID number, SIM card status, and other detailed information.
Manage Subscription Plan #
– Manage Your Plan : On BlackVue SIM, you can easily manage the plan you are subscribed to. As an overview, BlackVue offers 3 different data plans: The changed plan will be changed on the 1st of the following month. Below Next Billing on, the next payment date and the changed plan are indicated.
– Cancel your Plan : When you cancel your subscription, you still have access to the benefits of your plan until the end of your billing cycle.
– Upgrade your Plan : After (or during) your Free Trial, you can upgrade to the plan by navigating to your SIM detail page. If you select the plan you want to upgrade, it will be upgraded to that plan from the 1st of the following month.
– Renew a plan : We will be automatically renewing your BlackVue SIM Data plan monthly, depending on the billing type you choose. On your BlackVue SIM detail page, you can see your subscription billing cycle.
– SIM Termination :When the service period expires, the Sim card will be terminated immediately. Once the SIM card is terminated, it cannot be subscribed again with that sim. You have to contact the CS team and ask to deliver it again.
Manage Payment Method #
- Resubscribe a plan / Restart your SIM Card plan : After your plan expires, you can resubscribe for 30days. Your SIM card will be disabled until you renew a plan. If you want to restart your service plan, please click the ‘Resubscribe’ button on the plan you want to resubscribe.
- Check Your Current Plan : You can find an overview of your subscription(s) on the SIM Detail page. You can also see here SIM information (Activation date, Next billing date, etc)
- View invoices : The billing given by strip will open on a new page. Listed are the billing price, number, and purchase date. The billing and receipt are also downloadable.
- Edit your billing details : You can edit your billing details at any moment. Click ‘Change payment method’.
- Refund policy : You may cancel your subscription at any time, but given the nature of digital products, we cannot refund any amounts that you have already paid. You can find more information in our Terms and Conditions.
Manage Data Usage #
- Data Metering : Usage information posted on the SIM Card dashboard comes from our carrier partner(Telenor). It is hard to check the data usage live, Information may be transmitted with a delay and may not reflect actual balances.
BlackVue SIM Notifications #
|Subscription Expired||Raise an event when the system state changes.|
|Only 1 day left: Continue the BlackVue SIM card service||Raise an alert a day before the SIM terminated.|
|7 days left: Continue the BlackVue SIM card service||Raise an alert 7 days before the SIM is terminated.|
|Data limit reached||Raise an alert when the usage limit is reached.|
|Data usage Warning||Raise an alert when the data usage consumption was 80% used.|
What can I do if I haven’t received an email notification? #
When you add your SIM, BlackVue will send you an email to give you SIM card information. If you can’t find the email, these steps can help.
If it isn’t in your inbox, check your folders. if a spam filter or email rule moved the email, it might be in the Spam, Junk, Trash, Deleted Items, or Archive folder.
What can I do if I don’t want to receive email notifications? #
we will send the email notifications in subscription and data warning cases. If you don’t want, please move it to the spam, junk folder.